Resources for Your Move
Getting ready for a big move takes lots of preparation and hard work. We want to make things as easy as possible for you, which is why we've created these moving checklists to answer your questions. Please through through all of the information below and get in touch with us if you need any additional information: (888) 626-7776
We're excited to welcome you into a Pearson Smith Property Management Home. After receiving confirmation of your application's approval, our team will schedule the initial appointments with you to get your lease signed and provide initial access to your rental home.
Please respond to our communication quickly to make certain your move goes as smoothly as possible.
We cannot inspect your rental property until you have removed all of your belongings and have returned the keys/access items. Please also return any keys given to friends or relatives.
You also need to take care of the following steps:
- Advise us of your new forwarding address and phone number.
- Return all keys, garage door openers, fobs to this office including mailbox keys to our office.
- Arrange disconnection of your utilities, electricity, gas.
- Re-direct mail and any online shopping to your new address.
- Pay your rent online, until the vacating/expiration date.
Final Inspection Guide
The following information has been prepared to assist you when vacating the property, you have been renting through Pearson Smith Property Management.
We cannot inspect the property until you have removed all belongings and have returned the keys to our office. Please return any keys given to friends or relatives.
Please also attend to the following matters prior to our inspection. This will save time and prevent delays.
Subject to the condition of the property at the commencement of your tenancy you should ensure that:
- The property is left in a professional clean condition throughout, without stains on the carpets. Receipts are required, for professional house cleaning and professionally cleaned carpet.
- All cupboards, shelves, drawers and benches are clean.
- Walls and doors are free of marks. Light bulbs are in working order as well as smoke alarms.
- All appliances including stove, grill, oven and exhaust fans are cleaned to professional standards.
- Windows and sills are clean, inside and outside where possible.
- Any curtains or other items included with the property are in their original positions, clean and free of damage or spots.
- All garbage, bottles and rubbish are removed from the premises.
- Gutters are cleaned with receipts
- The garage is cleaned out and free of cobwebs and grease marks are removed from car space/garage.
- Good condition of caulk in the bathrooms
- Bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned, with all mildew and soap scum removed from tiles and grouting. Toilets are cleaned inside and out, and the bathroom floors clean.
- Lawns and edges are trimmed, and gardens weeded and mulched.
Please note that rent is due and payable until all keys are returned.
Should you require the services of a cleaner, gardener and/or carpet cleaner, please contact this office for their contact details.